COMING UP AT THE LIBRARY

COMING UP AT THE LIBRARY:

Saturdays - 10:30 AM - Storytime with Carol & Friends starts up again on Saturday September 21.

Friday, October 4, 3:45 PM - French films for children beginning 10/4 and then every first Friday of the month

Wednesday, October 2, 6:15-7:30 - Chess with National Chess Master Manuel Ugarte, all levels and ages welcome.

And much more, see below for details about regular weekly programming and special activities coming in the fall.


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Library Quotes of the Week

"'I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian who crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved.' I wrote these words more than 10 years ago in an essay called 'How Mr. Dewey Decimal Saved My Life.' Now, in a world where kids are often strapped for both resources and valid information, I believe in libraries as havens of salvation more than ever."

-- Barbara Kingsolver

"All you need in life is truth and beauty and you can find both at the Public Library."

-- Studs Terkel

No comments:

Post a Comment